Leadership ISD’s Fellowship is a highly selective 10-month program that provides civic leaders the information and insight to effectively influence systemic transformation.
We guide Fellows through a deep dive into the most relevant topics in public education from early childhood to governance, school choice to accountability, and everything in between.
Through our monthly sessions, Fellows:
• hear from influential keynote speakers and panels of experts
• review current events and best practices through research and articles
• engage with the educators, parents, and students living the issues every day
• explore the intersections of race, opportunity, and equity in education
We provide multiple avenues for Fellows to gain richer insight into district and campus challenges, to witness optimistic bright spots firsthand, and to build relationships with key stakeholders in the field.
Outside of monthly sessions, Fellows will:
• collaborate with a campus or district partner as part of a practicum team
• conduct site-visits to schools with distinctive models in various communities
• attend school board meetings to observe governance in action
We empower our Fellows with practical advocacy skills to share vision, engage diverse stakeholders, and take courageous action together.
Throughout the program, Fellows will develop their capacity to advocate for issues close to their heart through:
• speaking to elected officials at public meetings
• writing a public information or opinion piece
• hosting a community meeting or issue forum